Women have long struggled in front of the mirror with the predicament of large pores. It’s challenging to achieve a flawless look when skin looks like and orange peel. Enlarged pores not only seem to swallow makeup, but allow skin oils to surface throughout the day ruining whatever is left. The good news is that making pores smaller is doable.
Make pores visibly smaller with the latest developments
Aware of the need, skin care experts have come up with products and treatments that can minimize large pores; some are fast and effortless remedies while others involve dedication or expense. Establish the time and money to devote and choose among the instant gratification of makeup products, the dedication of a skin care routine, or the long lasting dermatologist solution.
Prep skin’s surface for a quick way to minimize the look or pores
For immediate, but temporary results, prepare skin’s surface with face primer. Primers have come a long way since their introduction and keep getting better and better. A primer, worn on its own or under makeup, minimizes the look of pores, resulting in a smooth, practically flawless complexion. Always apply primer after moisturizer, let it set before applying foundation or blush.
Some products to try: Too Faced Primed and Poreless Face Primer, Amazing Cosmetics Anti-Aging Face Primer, Pur Minerals See No More Pore Minimizer, or Yves Saint Laurent Top Secrets Pore Refining Skincare Brush. Please note that continuous use of any of these products will not shrink pores forever, their effectiveness is limited to the period of time worn.
Make time for a pore shrinking routine
Keeping pores clear will make them less pronounced. Maintain pores free of dirt, sebum, dead skin cells, and bacteria that congest and expand pores with a strict skin care regimen. The regimen below can do wonders to keep pores under control.
Cleanse skin daily with products containing alpha hydroxy and salicylic acids that exfoliate and decongest pores. Some great brands on the market are, Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser, DDF-Doctor’s Dermatologic Formula Salicylic Wash 2%, Perricone MD Citrus Facial Wash, and Bliss no ‘zit’ sherlock purifying cleanser + toner.
- Use toner after cleansing to disinfect and tighten pores and remove residue cleansers might leave behind. Toners to try are, Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner, Perricone MD Intensive Pore Minimizer with Alpha Lipoic Acid & Salicylic Acid, Neaclear Liquid Oxygen Facial Toner, and Boscia Clear Complexion Tonic.
- Scrub away dead skin cells that clog pores. Exfoliate two to three times a week using exfoliating products such as Burt’s Bees Natural Pore Refining Scrub, Strivectin SD Instant Retexturizing Scrub, Dermalogica Skin Prep Scrub, or Clarisonic Skin Care System.
- Purify and tighten pores with a mask. Try Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque, Formula 10.0.6 Deep Down Detox Ultra Cleansing Mud Mask, or University Medical Acne Free Therapeutic Sulfur Mask.
- Treat and prepare skin. Before moisturizing consider treatments like Murad Pore Refining Gel, Perricone MD High Potency Amine Complex Face Lift, or Boscia Skin Refining Treatment.
- Moisturize, nourish, and protect pores and create the perfect barrier against pollutants. Good moisturizers to try are Philosophy Hope In A Jar Oil-Free, Peter Thomas Roth Max Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel, or Olay Moisturizing Vitamin Complex-Fragrance Free.
Shrink pores with the magic of medicine
Advances in dermatology have led to new devices and techniques that excel at correcting skin conditions.When it comes to making pores disappear -for a long time- visit a doctor’s office. Dermatologists and plastic surgeons have the ultimate weapons to shrink those pesky pores and prevent their return.
There are many treatments, including lasers, injectables, and peels that are excellent at diminishing or totally eradicating enlarged pores. Among the best developments that can impressively shrink and tightens pores are Fraxel Repair CO2 and Erbium lasers, Botox, and Jessner Peels. Consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to find out which treatment will work for you.
Stop struggling in front of the mirror, reducing the appearance of large pores is possible. There are many solutions to make pores smaller. Choosing the correct method lays with your ability to devote time, money or effort on products and treatments to refine skin.